No matter how beautiful your web design is, or how unique your product is, when it comes to getting your brand out there, social media marketing is essential. The biggest problem with this is that finding tools that are easy to stick with can prove daunting. Unless you hire someone specifically to do your social media marketing for you, which many new companies can’t afford, you run the risk of unsuccessful media marketing. As David Theune said “Social media is like fire- it can burn your house down, but it can also keep you warm. It’s how you use it.” We offer five of the easiest, effective, and time efficient ways to put some creative strategy into your social media marketing techniques.
1. Push your handles. If you are really looking to up the number of followers you have on your social media sites, you can’t be shy. Incorporate your links and handles into everything. Making a speech? Add your Twitter handle to your slideshow. Finish with a bold display of all your social media links. Pass out business cards with all your links on them.
2. Join in weekly hashtag themes. You can even do this via Facebook by adding the hashtag to your statuses. By adding a weekly hashtag, like #TBT (Throwback Thursday) to your posts, you open yourself to a whole new audience. You also build your brand by being a regular part of the community you want to bring in.
3. Vines. Vines, which are six-second video clips, are largely under-utilized. With a little work and some fun content, you could easily go from a small unknown to a household name with Vine.
4. Pin it. Don’t underestimate the power of Pinterest (and Instagram for that matter). This is a visual age, where a picture literally speaks 1,000 words. Post your strongest visual assets (templates, infographies, products, etc) on Pinterest and link them to your website for some serious traffic.
5. Keep social tabs on your competitors. Almost everyone has a Facebook business page these days. You can follow other accounts on Facebook via the “Pages to Watch” feature. Follow your competitors and see what they post, which of their posts get the most likes and shares, and follow their lead.
Instead of working hard on social media tactics, make social media work hard for you by implementing these five simple marketing tools into your social media strategy. With just a few minutes a day, you can watch as your brand grows and gains a following, making your business more successful than you thought possible.
And to practice what I preach, here are my own social links: